PRIVACY NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA JOB APPLICANTS
Effective Date: June 30, 2021
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (the “CCPA”), Snapdocs, Inc. and its affiliates (collectively “Snapdocs”, “we”, “us” or “our”) are required to inform California residents who apply for a career opportunity with Snapdocs about the categories of personal information we collect about you and the purposes for which we use and share personal information.
CATEGORIES AND SOURCES OF CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION
Information collected directly from you:
- Contact information to get in touch with you, such as your name, postal and email addresses, and phone numbers;
- Job application information, such as your resume or CV, cover letter, and where applicable, educational and employment background, professional certifications, work references and information and materials you submitted to us during the recruitment process;
- Telephonic, video and photographic information of you, such as if you participate in telephone screens or video interviews with us;
- Information related to demographics or protected characteristics, such as your age, gender and gender identity, race and ethnicity, marital and family status, and any information regarding eligibility (including any immigration status) and fitness for work (including any accommodations during the recruitment process as a result of any underlying medical condition or disability);
- Interview and assessment information, such as information you share, assessment results you may take as part of the recruitment process, and notes about your interview;
- Inferences about you and the information categories that may reflect your preferences, characteristics, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, skills, abilities or aptitudes; and
- Other information that we request from you or that you choose to provide to us in connection with the application and recruitment process.
Information collected from other sources:
- Information about your professional and educational history obtained by us from publicly available sources, such as social media platform, networking platform or employment profiles (e.g., LinkedIn, Lever or Greenhouse);
- Information about you, such as your resume or CV, educational and employment background, professional certifications, and information and materials provided to us from third parties (e.g., employment agencies, recruitment firms, job boards and referral sources);
- Information about you received from references and previous employers; and
- Background check information, drug test results, work history, and employment verification information provided by third parties (as permitted under applicable law).
USES OF CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We respect your privacy, and we use and disclose the personal information to support our recruitment efforts and as permitted under applicable law, which includes, without limitation:
- Processing and reviewing your job application, and determining whether to extend an offer of employment and details related to a job offer;
- Verifying your identity and information, and to carry out reference checks and/or background checks;
- Communicating with you about the recruitment process, such as responses to your inquiries and requests, sharing information about benefits and other potential career opportunities at Snapdocs with you, and asking for feedback about your candidate experience with us;
- Analyzing and making improvements to our recruitment process;
- Fulfilling operational and business purposes, such as managing business activities, processes and practices;
- Protecting our business operations by detecting security incidents, such as malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activity, and taking appropriate action related to any security incidents;
- Complying with our legal, governmental and safety requirements and requests, including any internal policies and procedures, and protecting our, your or others’ rights and property; and
- Managing potential public safety risks, including in relation to COVID-19, to individuals and applicants who come onsite, and the population generally.
If you are hired, we will maintain the personal information collected during your recruitment process as part of your employee records. If you are not hired for the position that you were initially considered, we may use your personal information to identify and contact you about other positions at Snapdocs that you may be considered for. If you do not wish for Snapdocs to use your personal information for this purpose, you may request that we delete your personal information as provided in this Notice.
SHARING CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with other parties as necessary for the purposes described in this Notice, including with:
- Service providers that provide us services related to the recruitment process, such as job boards, recruiters, identity verification and other pre-employment screening providers, payment service providers, interview travel booking and expense reimbursement;
- Third parties approved by you (e.g., legal counsel, immigration advisors, and background check providers);
- Other companies in connection with a corporate transaction like a sale or merger of Snapdocs, including due diligence requests related to such corporate transaction; and
- Law enforcement, government entities, courts, and pursuant to legal process where required by law.
OTHER INFORMATION ABOUT THIS NOTICE
We reserve the right to change this Notice at any time and may apply any changes to previously collected personal information. When changes are made to this Notice, we will post a revised Notice with an updated “Effective Date” at the top of this Notice, and any changes, including any application to previously collected personal information, will be effective from such “Effective Date”.
This Notice does not address, and we are not responsible for, the privacy practices of third parties, which have their own rules for how they collect and use your personal information. Links to third party websites or services are not endorsements by Snapdocs.
Snapdocs’ Career site is not intended for minors under the age of 18.