Last modified: December, 2019
Types of Data We Collect
“Personal Information” means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular person or even a household.
Information You Provide to Us.
- We require certain Personal Information from you, such as your first and last name, e-mail and mailing addresses, company name, and password, when you create an account to log in to our Website (“Account“).
- When you use our Services, we may collect Personal Information from you:
- Such as your governmental identification, date of birth, and other information to obtain or verify your identity;
- If you are a Borrower, we may collect information related to your loan transaction, including without limitation Personal Information in your loan application, your signature;
- If you are a Notary, we may collect your notary certification, qualifications related to being a notary, office location, professional history, and other information related to providing notary services.
- If you use our Services on your mobile device, we may collect your phone number and the unique device id number.
- If you are a Company or a Notary, then we will collect all information necessary to manage payment flows for the completed transaction. Depending on whether you need to pay fees (Company) or we need to forward fees to you (Notary) this information may include your name, credit card information, bank information, automated clearing house information, billing information, and billing address. We do not store this information directly on our servers, but this information will be collected by or shared with third party payment processors, who will help process any Fees.
- We retain information on behalf of the Company initiating the transaction, such as files, messages, transaction history, and timestamp information.
- If you provide us testimonials, feedback, or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content you have included, in order to send you a reply.
- When you participate in one of our surveys, we may collect additional profile information.
Information Collected from Others About You.
If you are a Borrower or a Participant, we will initially receive your basic contact details from the Company handling the transaction, as the Company invites you to the Snapdocs platform. You will then create an Account, as described above.
For all Users, we collect certain Personal Information about you from our service providers for purposes of verifying your identity.
For Companies and Notaries, we may receive Personal Information about you from third parties that sponsor contests for which we have contributed our products for prizes. These third party companies may supply us with Personal Information for fulfillment of prizes and our marketing. We may add this information to the information we have already collected from you via our Website in order to market and improve the Services we provide.
Information Collected via Technology.
In addition, we use “Pixel Tags” (also referred to as clear .gifs, web beacons, or web bugs). Pixel Tags are tiny graphic images with a unique identifier, similar in function to Cookies, that are used to track online movements of web users. In contrast to Cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, Pixel Tags are embedded invisibly in web pages. Pixel Tags also allow us to send e-mail messages in a format users can read, and they tell us whether e-mails have been opened to ensure that we are sending only messages that are of interest to our Users. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to a user. We do not tie the information gathered by Pixel Tags to our Users’ Personal Information.
How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals.
Our web servers and other tools to deliver the Services do not currently respond to “do not track” signals or other mechanisms that might enable Users to opt out of tracking on our Website or across websites.
In addition to using Cookies and related technologies as described above, we may also permit third parties to help us tailor advertising that we think might be of interest to Users and to collect and use other data about user activities on our Website (e.g. to allow them to tailor ads on third party services). Those companies may deliver ads that might also place Cookies and otherwise track user behavior. If you prefer that we not share information with companies that use tracking technologies to deliver targeted display advertising based on such information, you might be able to opt-out by visiting http://www.aboutads.info/ or http://networkadvertising.org/choices/. or if you are located in the EU, http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/.
Analytics Services and Interest-Based Advertising.
Use of Your Personal Information
In general, we use the Personal Information you submit to us or we receive from others about you to help you create an Account or to deliver the Services. For example, we use your Personal Information in the following ways:
- facilitate the creation of and secure your Account on our network;
- identify you as a user in our system;
- identify the type of user you are in our system;
- verify and check your identify;
- confirm ownership of your email address, and payment provider account;
- preventing and protecting against fraud, including, without limitation, with respect to handling of payments;
- to provide you with a streamlined account experience;
- to process and fulfill your transactions or contact you concerning the status of a transaction;
- provide improved administration of the Services;
- improve the quality of experience when you interact with our Website;
- send you a welcome e-mail to verify ownership of the e-mail address provided when your Account was created;
- send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as security or support and maintenance advisories;
- respond to your inquiries related to employment opportunities or other requests;
- provide you with targeted offers and advertising, including on the Website, via direct mail, e-mail, or push notifications, and to contact you about upcoming sales, promotions, offers and product information. You may receive these offers in advertising that is directed to you via third party websites and media properties, including in social media;
- send newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to our products and for other marketing purposes of Snapdocs; and
- enforce our Terms of Service.
User Testimonials and Feedback.
We often receive testimonials and comments from Users who have had positive experiences with our products. We occasionally publish such content. We obtain your consent prior to posting your name along with the testimonial. We may also post user feedback on the Website from time to time. We will share your feedback with your first name and last initial only. If we choose to post your first and last name along with your feedback, we will obtain your consent prior to posting your name with your feedback.
Disclosure of Your Personal Information.
We do not sell, share, or otherwise disclose your Personal Information to any third party for that third party’s direct marketing purposes without having received your prior express consent. Recall from our opening paragraphs that we are typically holding User information and transaction information in our role as a service provider to the Company handling a Borrower’s mortgage closing. To the extent that we at Snapdocs have any authority over Personal Information we’ve collected, it is generally limited to those individuals within Companies and Notaries who have created an Account for the Services. And while we at Snapdocs might advertise to an existing or prospective Company or Notary, we will not sell your Personal Information.
We share your Personal data with the following categories of third parties and for the following purposes:
Third Parties Designated by You. When you use our Services, some of the Personal Information you provide will be shared with third parties you designate to receive such information.
Third Parties Designated by a Company. If you are a Borrower, some of the Personal Information provided by you to a Company may be shared with other Users that such Company designates to receive such information. For example, when a Company uploads a Borrower’s loan documents that require notarization, such loan documents will be shared with the applicable Notary to provide notary signing services for you and the Company.
Third Party Websites.
Your Choices and Rights About Your Personal Information.
You have choices regarding the use of your Personal Information on our Website and in the context of the Services.
Accessing, Changing or Deleting Your Personal Information.
All Users may review, update, correct or unpublish the Personal Information in their Account by editing their profile via the Services. If you completely delete all of your Personal Information, then your Account may become deactivated. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request. You may also request – depending on where you live – certain additional records, such as the categories and specific pieces of Personal Information we hold about you, the categories of sources of that Personal Information, and the categories of third parties and service providers with whom we’ve shared your Personal Information. We may retain an archived copy of your records as required by law or for legitimate business purposes, such as managing our opt out list.
Note to Users Outside of the United States.
A Note About Children.
Our Website is not directed toward children, and we do not intentionally gather Personal Information from visitors who are under the age of 13. If we learn that a child under 13 has submitted Personal Information to us via our Website, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible. If you believe that we might have any Personal Information from a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.